Fitness and Experience
We care about your health, safety and comfort. Please read the important information about health and safety to assess your readiness for a BridgeClimb experience.
To complete the Climb you will need:
The following may impact your ability to climb safely:
- A reasonable level of fitness and strength
- Full body control and hand-eye-foot co-ordination
- The ability to climb independently (unsupported by walking aids)
- Every Participant must complete a BridgeClimb Declaration Form before climbing. This will be provided to you on the day
Why? Because our Climb experiences include:
- If you are pregnant
- All heart conditions (including high blood pressure)
- All respiratory conditions
- Back, limb or joint injuries
- Missing limbs or part thereof, inclusive of prosthetics
- Vertigo, dizziness or loss of balance; visual impairment (except wearing prescription glasses or contact lenses), and
- Learning difficulties
You cannot take part in the Climb if you:
- Climbing high ladders and catwalks
- Prolonged stair climbing
- Uneven surfaces and narrow passageways
- Exposure to all weather conditions
Pregnant Participants and Participants aged 75 and over
- Are under 8 years of age. Children aged 8 to 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult, with a maximum of 3 children per adult
- Are under 1.2 metres in height
- Have a blood alcohol reading of 0.05% or higher. Participants must pass an alcohol breath test before climbing the Bridge. Any persons over the limit will not be allowed to climb.
- Have broken bones
- Have undergone surgery in the last 6 months or are experiencing ongoing symptoms
- Have experienced a fit or seizure in the past 6 months
- If you are over 24 weeks pregnant you cannot climb
- At BridgeClimb's discretion, essential medication may be taken on the Climb (For example, asthma inhalers or diabetic medication). Please speak with a BridgeClimb Team Member on the day.
If you take essential medication
- Pregnant Participants less than 24 weeks, as well as Participants 75 years of age and over are required to consult a medical practitioner before climbing and must ask the medical practitioner to sign a BridgeClimb Certificate of Fitness Form. Participants over 24 weeks pregnant cannot climb
At BridgeClimb's discretion, essential medication may be taken on the Climb (For example, asthma inhalers or diabetic medication). Please speak with a BridgeClimb Team Member on the day.
Still concerned? If you believe your health and safety, or that of other Participants, may be put at risk by you taking part, you should not join the Climb. If you have concerns about your ability to participate safely, please consult your treating doctor.
Please be aware that even if you have made a reservation, BridgeClimb reserves the right to decline participation or modify your chosen climbing experience. The health and safety conditions of climbing are subject to change at BridgeClimb's discretion.
What to Bring/Wear
- Climbers cannot take loose objects, including cameras, phones or GoPros, on the Bridge
- Sunglasses or optical eyeglasses are permitted
- Wear comfortable clothes suitable for the weather
- Essential medication can be taken on the Climb. Please advise a staff member upon check-in
- Please wear comfortable, enclosed rubber-soled shoes such as running, sport or hiking shoes
What is Supplied
- Daytime BridgeClimb to the summit of Sydney Harbour Bridge
- A BridgeSuit, specifically designed for this adventure, is worn over the top of your own clothes
- A Bridge Fleece, headwear and a Bridge Shell (rain jacket and pants) are available to protect you in all weather
- Lanyards are provided to secure eyeglasses/sunglasses
- Lockers are provided to store your personal belongings
- A complimentary group photograph featuring all members of your climb
- An additional framed souvenir photograph of you enjoying your BridgeClimb is supplied after you complete your experience
- Framed photo not included on climbs during 25/12-03/01
Climbs are postponed during electrical storms or during times of extremely high wind. This is an all-weather experience and will go ahead at all other times. You'll be equipped with all the gear required to keep you safe and comfortable based on the day’s weather conditions.