This 2-day Open Water Diver Course in Brisbane has been specifically developed with you in mind, so as to make the most of the small gaps in our busy lives.
Use 4 fortnightly payments of $146.25 more
This has been specifically developed with you in mind, so as to make the most of the small gaps in our busy lives. Our centre utilises the PADI eLearning portal enabling us to better work in with your busy schedule allowing you to complete your learning in the comfort of your own home, in your own time.
When you sign up for a course with us, you will receive your E-Learning access pass via email 24-48 hours after booking. We will also allocate you to two-day class of your choice that is running in the near future. This is subject to availability (i.e. the early bird gets the worm!). You don’t have to choose your dates straight away if you’re not sure.
The best part of this course is that there are a maximum of 4 students per class, ensuring you get all the attention that you need. We go to great lengths to ensure that new divers find diving safe and fun!
On The Day
When you come in on your scheduled course dates, we begin the day at 7am to complete all the necessary paperwork and go over the knowledge reviews and any questions you may have. Your instructor will then take you down to the pool for your first confined water dives and skills training.
In the afternoon you will be transported away from the pool to an ocean dive site where we’ll go over the same skills you learnt in the pool, and have your first ocean dives!
On the second day of your course you will meet your instructor at 7am at Brisbane Dive Academy to commence your second day of ocean diving. On this day you will complete your skills development while completing two more ocean dives, and finally become a certified PADI Open Water scuba diver!
What am I certified to do after completing the course?
• Dive to a depth of 18m anywhere in the world
• Dive with just you and your buddy (restrictions apply to Junior Open Water Divers)
• Dive with social groups
• Go away on dive trips to exotic locations
• PADI Advanced Open Water course
• *Workplace Health and Safety recommend that each diver has his or her own snorkelling equipment for your comfort and hygiene. We have some great snorkelling equipment packages but we also have some available for hire at additional cost of $80.
• You will need to get an AS4005.1 Dive Medical before diving – this is payable direct to the doctor at the time of your appointment .