- Discover the incredible coastal views that have made the Surf Coast world famous
- Enjoy a stop at Split Point lighthouse and amazing views of the coastline
- Hear memorable stories at Memorial Arch about the engineering feat that ended decades of isolation for coastal communities of the Great Ocean Road
- Stroll through the coastal towns of Anglesea and Lorne
- Enjoy a café style lunch in Apollo Bay
- Look for koalas and native birds in the wild
- Drive through the Great Otway National Park, take a relaxing rainforest walk
- Walk down Gibson Steps for a view of the 12 Apostles from sea level
- The history of the brutal Shipwreck Coast is revealed on the beach at Loch Ard Gorge
- The world famous 12 Apostles– see these enormous limestone stacks from the roadside lookout and on the beach at the foot of soaring cliffs
This is simply Australia’s greatest coastal drive, including the world famous 12 Apostles and the pristine Surf Coast with its golden sand beaches and rolling breakers. Stop at Split Point Lighthouse for amazing views of the coastline. This is a drive of real contrasts too, because you’ll also see peaceful bush clad hills, pockets of coastal farmland and little villages.
You can tick off the laid back seaside towns of Anglesea, Lorne and Apollo Bay (including lunch), spot koalas and brilliant birdlife in the wild, walk in the Otway rainforest with its fern gardens and giant trees up to 300 years old, explore the beach at Loch Ard Gorge and the brutal history of the Shipwreck Coast.
But we save the best till last! Grab your camera and walk down Gibson Steps* to the beach where you’ll be dwarfed by soaring cliffs and the massive limestone towers of the 12 Apostles. You’ll get an entirely different view from the roadside lookout, where you can see how erosion of the cliffs over thousands of years created this extraordinary attraction.n authentic Aussie barbecue on the lawns outside the historic lighthouse keepers quarters.
Our tour departs between 7:15 AM - 7:30 AM from a central Melbourne location (sent to you after booking) and returns approximately 8.30 PM.
This will be a day you will remember forever.