A great way to taste the fantastic wines of the Swan Valley region and gain a real understanding and appreciation of them.
The Wine 101 class takes places at a formal dining table set in the back of the winery, so you are surrounded by the barrels and winemaking equipment. During your 1.5 hour class, you will learn the basics of wine tasting, the difference between sweet dry, acid and tannin and the barreling process. This class is perfect for beginners and seasoned wine connoisseur. There will be wine tasting throughout the class so you can put your new knowledge into action.
- Understanding the basics of wine tasting and taste like a pro after the class
- Perfect for both beginners and wine enthusiasts
- A formal seated tasting experience, in the working winery surrounded by barrels
- Taste our wines as you practise your new wine appreciation skills
- Be the winemaker as you create your wine, balancing the sweetness and acid
- Experience how oak barrels change wines
- learn about tannin and acid
After your class enjoy a relaxed 2-course lunch with spectacular views of the vineyard. Lunch includes a Chef's Fabulous Share Platter, a choice of seasonal dessert. The 101 class runs for approximately 1.5hours, we suggest you allow 3 hours for the whole experience including breakfast.