Fitness and Experience
- An average level of fitness is required, no previous white water experience is necessary but the ability to swim a minimum of 25m is recommended
- If you are over 10 years of age, love the outdoors and feel comfortable in the water, you are in for a great time! (children under 16 need to be accompanied by a parent /guardian)
- If you have any medical conditions or dietary requirements that may be relevant please inform the staff at Adrenalin and your guides prior to the trip
What to Bring/Wear
- One pair joggers / runners (you don’t mind getting wet and have good grip)
- Shoes MUST be worn at all times whilst kayaking
- Second pair of shoes or pair of thongs to change into at the end.
- Woollen or thermal socks
- Woollen jumper or fleece (cotton draws the heat away from your body)
- Thermal Underwear
- Large shorts to go over wetsuit
- Bathers & Towel
- Water resistant sunscreen and hat
- Dry change of clothes (left in the vehicles)
- Waterproof (plastic garbage) bags for wet gear
- Sunglasses with a retaining strap (also needed for normal lenses)
- Shorts, ¾ or long pants/Bike shorts for abseiling
- Long sleeve shirt to protect arms from the sun
- Insect Repellent
- Hair tie for long hair
- Minimum of a two litre water bottle - with water in it!
- Day pack
- Optional – waterproof camera or waterproof box for keys & phone or camera
What is Supplied
- Approx 6 hour experience
- 1-2 person kayaks or canoes & safety gear
- Thermal top, spray jacket, P.F.D. (Buoyancy Vest) and helmet
- Cafe lunch & snacks
- Complementary transport from designated pick up point (Nunawading Station) or BYO transport
- First aid kit, mobile phone communication
- 1 waterproof box/bag per trip with limited space for keys & essentials.
- Wet suits are available on request but not really needed for this trip (but feel free to bring your own)
Week day bookings are available for groups of four or more
ITINERARY - Please note that different sections of the Yarra River may be used depending on river levels and client experience. So check tour information emailed a few days prior to your tour date.
CAMERAS - There are excellent photo opportunities. We suggest purchasing a waterproof disposable camera in either a wide angle or standard lens with a flash and attach it to yourself or your pack for easy access.
VALUABLES - You will be out of sight of the vehicle for the majority of the day, so we strongly advise that you bring only what you can carry on the trip. Be sure to leave any non-essential valuables at home (jewellery / money / purses / wallets). Jewellery worn, in particular rings and bracelets do tend to get in the way when paddling and are better left at home. You leave valuables in the vehicle at your own risk.
RECENTLY INJURED - People with previous or existing muscular/joint/ bone injuries should be aware that sitting in the boats for long periods, strenuous walking and scrambling is involved, they should wear the appropriate support bandages.
Please note that new "Fire Danger Ratings" are now in place for Victoria. All tours will be subject to suitable weather and fire safety conditions as advised by relevant authorities. This may mean tours are postponed at short notice as Total Fire Ban Days are not declared until late afternoon on the day prior. This is beyond the tour operator's control, and we appreciate your understanding.
- Change your booking up to 7 days before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 7 days of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience