The defensive driving course is ideal for Corporate Fleet Training, P-Plate drivers or those on a court order to undertake Defensive Driver Training.
All defensive driving courses are conducted in a relaxed, enjoyable way encouraging participant interaction and involvement. The focus of the day is definitely not on driving defensively, not fast and dangerously! After initial introductions a lecture session will explain what defensive driving is all about and provide a vital evaluation of driver attitude and an awareness of the inherent dangers of driving on the road. Defensive driving techniques, driver attitude and vision will be covered together with correct use of modern safety features. An explanation of the correct braking techniques will be covered before being put to the test in a practical demonstration. Participants will then be subjected to potential emergency braking situations on a variety of wet surfaces.
Following a break for lunch another lecture session will typically cover tyres, vehicle dynamics and skid control. For the afternoon a combination of exercises will include vehicle balance and smoothness, corner lines and basic skid control. A final short lecture will recap the day, re-assess the driver’s attitude before Defensive Driving Course certificates and course notes are handed out as recognition of having completed the day. Theoretical subjects covered usually include:
- Defensive driving “What it means and how it is achieved”
- Evaluation of “the” main part of the car “the driver”
- Driver attitude
- Practical Road Safety Tips
- Explanation of safety features of modern cars and how to use them
- Tyres and their importance in driving safety
- Vision skills
- Basic vehicle dynamics and skid control
Typically, practical exercises will be conducted in:
- Assessment of vehicle condition
- Seating & steering
- Emergency braking with & without ABS
- Emergency lane changes
- Reaction times and their effects on stopping distance.
- Vehicle handling / steering
Book a Defensive Driving Course today. Or buy a Defensive Driving gift voucher for a friend.